I’m a 24 year old graduate student studying psychology in North Carolina. I’m originally from Jersey and I got my college degree from SUNY Fredonia (AKA: Middle of Nowhere, Western NY).
I don’t study the kind of psychology you think I do. I study an area called Human Factors, or Cognitive Ergonomics. (Ergonomics = keyboards that don’t give you carpal tunnel; Human Factors = easy to understand computer menus) I’m a TA by financial need, but I interned at an HF firm and that’s what I want to do when I graduate (well, minus the intern part.)
Graduate and thesis are bad words to a grad student.
In my spare time:
- I knit, crochet and cook (but you knew that)
- I like ska and punk music
- I like cheesy Sci-Fi movies (turn on the Sci-Fi channel on any given Saturday, and you’ll see what I mean)
- I like good Sci-Fi like X-Files and Battlestar Galactica
- I like clothes, and I have too many clothing items
- I ravel.
And that’s about all the spare time I have, because I’m a grad student, and we don’t get things like “time off.”